Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen USB Audio Interface Review
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo is the simplest and most compact interface. It’s ideal for singer songwriters and guitar players looking for the easiest way to record studio-quality music onto Mac or PC. Take it anywhere, connect by USB, plug a mic and guitar straight in, and immediately start recording with the same sound quality as the rest of the latest Scarlett range.
Scarlett 2nd Generation interfaces have lower latency than any other USB audio interfaces. Take a look at this short video to see for yourself how latency can cause problems when recording, and find out what you can do to overcome it.
Easily make recordings that sound exactly like you. Connect your microphone to our natural sounding Scarlett preamp, and plug your guitar straight into a newly designed input, both of which capture studio-quality audio that sounds just the way you intended. 48V phantom power means you can use any mic you want.
Record your guitar and vocals at the same time, onto separate tracks. If one doesn’t sound right, you won’t have to re-record both. You can also apply separate effects: amp simulation to your guitar, for example, and reverb on your vocal.
Focusrite interfaces are perfect partners for Pro Tools, so Scarlett Solo comes with Pro Tools | First – Focusrite Creative pack, as well as Ableton Live Lite recording software and a suite of software and samples, so you can start recording straight away. As you’d expect, it works flawlessly with all major DAWs on Windows and Mac.
Super-low latency lets you enhance your recordings in ways that are simply impossible with any other interface in this class, like enabling real-time guitar amp simulation and vocal reverb.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Features:
- One natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamp with plenty of even gain.
- One newly designed instrument input, designed to handle seriously hot pick-ups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- One headphones output with gain control
- Stereo line outputs on RCA phono for connecting to home speakers
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don’t need to carry a power cable
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording